Newest Message: RE: RE: Shoulda been given for the jump into the tackle by Burniston on 23/10/2017, 14:38:14 - View Thread

Thread: 89570

Today’s game by seadog365 User: seadog365

Posted: 12/8/2017 at 18:17:11, 165 views.

On the basis that Hyde were being tipped as one of the favourites to challenge, the fact that they were used to playing on 3G pitches, and the fact that their pre-season results screamed “team gelling", I would have taken a draw before the game and that’s what we came away with. It was a very hard fought and competitive game and there wasn’t all that much between the teams really so a draw was probably a fair result. Once again with all our goal threat on paper, we failed to find the net on grass3G, but it’ll come, I’m sure. Remember we drew our opening game 0-0 last season too.

• IP Address: 79.73.95.78

RE: Today’s game by Belfast seadog

Posted: 12/8/2017 at 18:36:31, 142 views. In reply to 'Today’s game'

Positives - I thought the defence looked solid.

Negatives - lacked width and pace upfront which was evident pre-season. Don’t quite understand why Beadle played as a striker and Coulson appeared to be out wide.

Thought it was a bit of a damp squib. Hopefully won’t scare off too many news fans.

• IP Address: 79.69.145.187

RE: RE: Today’s game by Boroseadog User: Boroseadog

Posted: 12/8/2017 at 18:44:04, 140 views. In reply to 'RE: Today’s game'

It was almost like we set out to make sure we don’t lose and we didn’t. Think he hoped we might just snatch a winner.

Was a real typical game between two favourites where neither wanted to give an inch. There will be a lot more games where the goals will flow at both ends.

Think playing on the wing is coulsons main position? He always played there for other clubs and his goal record suggests that too.

Think he wanted to play beadle and the other midfield three so it was the way to get him in. Especially with Sinclair not fully fit yet

• IP Address: 92.29.139.76

Apart from the rain by Old Git

Posted: 12/8/2017 at 19:30:43, 150 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: Today’s game'

the real dampner was the performance of the ref.
Booking our player who’d just been elbowed in the head
and a few other very obvious poor decisions.
If they had assessors at the game he’ll be off the list.

• IP Address: 217.44.35.40

RE: Apart from the rain by Old Seadog User: Old Seadog

Posted: 12/8/2017 at 19:47:20, 128 views. In reply to 'Apart from the rain'

We need to stop moaning about refs
He was excellent today and got nearly everything right

• IP Address: 79.69.135.250

RE: RE: Apart from the rain by Zante Seadog

Posted: 13/8/2017 at 00:07:53, 102 views. In reply to 'RE: Apart from the rain'

I hope this is sarcasm? The ref was below average today!

• IP Address: 82.16.82.236

agree OG by Burniston User: Burniston

Posted: 12/8/2017 at 20:18:57, 135 views. In reply to 'Apart from the rain'

Didn’t think any of our players deserved a yellow - I felt they were at best 50:50 & in some of the cases thought the Hyde player was the offender. The complete chop down of Clarkson where the Hyde player didn’t even get close to the ball & ref didn’t even have a word with him & then just after he gave Clarkson a yellow for less. I couldn’t believe the number of hands at the back of the head especially on Jimmy who then was yellowed. Thought the game was hard fought by two decent sides with a draw being a fair result. Would have enjoyed it much more if not for ref.

PMA

• IP Address: 95.150.171.183

RE: agree OG by Tree User: Tree

Posted: 13/8/2017 at 10:17:44, 67 views. In reply to 'agree OG'

Agreed, thought the ref was poor, fussy and inconsistent.

Critically acclaimed Surfing Seadog poster: "Talks the most sense on here by a mile."

• IP Address: 185.69.144.28

Newer Thread: Nelly goes too

Older Thread: The day has arrived!

© Surfing Seadog. All Rights Reserved. Site design and development: Steve Smith

Views expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster, and not of the site administrators,scarborough athletic football club or the seadog trust unless otherwise stated.