Newest Message: Definitely 1,628 for a number of reasons. by Malton Seadog on 25/3/2019, 08:06:02 - View Thread

Name
Email
Title
Returning to work after xmas…. by mrs trellis User: mrs trellis

3/1/2019, 235 views.

Going back into work after xmas is always tough.
I’ve got a colleague who I’ll be seeing later this week who I’ve not always agreed with but does care about the work he does.

In the past he has not always worked in the most orthodox way but he has brought the department we work in success and ensured we have always achieved our business goals. Admittedly he happily took his share of the credit but he was an essential part of our operational success.

After three years with the company, the last six weeks have been a bit of a rough time for this bloke, the unorthodox ways that worked on previous projects aren’t quite yielding the profits that they did in the past.

When I see him later this week I can’t work out which will be the best way to help him and the business we both work for. Will it be to offer support, remind him we are on the same team, that he is demonstrably good at his job and that we aspire to the same success. Or should I shout at him call him a c**t and tell him to f**k off?

Any thoughts on which approach is more likely to yield mutual success?

Not everyone can be this silly but it is nice to see so many trying.

© Surfing Seadog. All Rights Reserved. Site design and development: Steve Smith

Views expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster, and not of the site administrators,scarborough athletic football club or the seadog trust unless otherwise stated.