Newest Message: A few timeslots for interviews by seadog365 on 14/12/2019, 00:18:33 - View Thread

Thread: 91804

Angry SK after game by seadog365 User: seadog365

Posted: 29/9/2018 at 19:04:03, 442 views.

https://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/news/video-interview-with-scarborough-athletic-boss-steve-kittrick-after-the-nantwich-loss-1-9373251

• IP Address: 162.158.158.71

NOT a happy man by Old Git

Posted: 29/9/2018 at 19:07:10, 417 views. In reply to 'Angry SK after game'

• IP Address: 91.125.32.47

RE: NOT a happy man by Rockett Fuel User: Rockett Fuel

Posted: 29/9/2018 at 20:46:24, 402 views. In reply to 'NOT a happy man'

It’s all about opinions, and Steve knows more about non-league football than me, but I’m not sure bringing defenders on for midfielders is the way to combat the team “getting deeper” and not being able to get out. The gap between Walshaw and the midfield was ridiculous for large parts of that second half.

We struggled to get a foothold in that second half, but up until the subs the back four played quite well - the first goa was a mess, but Bailey won a lot of headers, Killock was talking well, and Lacy had a great game defensively. Switching all that around to put Burgess in the middle of defence and moving Lacey across the pitch seemed a strange decision (in my opinion) - you don’t often see centre backs brought on and slotted straight into the middle unless there is an injury/sending off. As was bringing Jack Johnson on for his first minutes of the season when in such a precarious position (admittedly I agreed with taking Brooksby off, as he lost the balll in dangerous areas a few times, and didn’t seem to press much when that was what was needed).

So yes, the players let him down, but I don’t think the management team were blameless either. Sometimes you make changes and they work, but this time they didn’t.

*Evo-Stik Division 1 North Runners-Up 2017-18* *NCEL Premier Division Champions 2012-13* *NCEL Division 1 Champions 2008-09*

• IP Address: 81.156.204.218

Newer Thread: Last night’s Radio York programme

Older Thread: Is Annan injured or has he left? n/t

© Surfing Seadog. All Rights Reserved. Site design and development: Steve Smith

Views expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster, and not of the site administrators,scarborough athletic football club or the seadog trust unless otherwise stated.