Newest Message: sc 0-0 sa att 311 nt by Seadog Update on 18/8/2019, 01:29:23 - View Thread

Thread: 92505

Lewes FC: the football club who are making equality pay by Dewsbury User: Dewsbury

Posted: 19/7/2019 at 12:56:55, 185 views.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-agony-and-the-ecstasy/2019/jul/16/lewes-fc-equal-pay-club-best-paid-player-woman

Simon Cope - Was Chair Of Something Some Time Ago

• IP Address: 86.19.6.146

RE: Lewes FC: the football club who are making equality pay by the gent User: the gent

Posted: 20/7/2019 at 22:26:19, 83 views. In reply to 'Lewes FC: the football club who are making equality pay'

Just curious what you would like to see happen? There is less interest in the female game and therefore less money so less money for wages generally across the game. There are reasons why many prefer non league football to premier league so the absolute level of quality is not the only dimension, however most people wish to see the sport played at the highest level possible. Some women are better than some men, but the best footballers are all men due to their biological advances.

The Australian national ladies team got beat by a regional under 15s boys side.

Again just curious on what you would like to see happen.

Forcing equal outcomes usually requires some kind of significant unnatural force.

• IP Address: 86.163.211.39

RE: RE: Lewes FC: the football club who are making equality pay by beckywitch User: beckywitch

Posted: 21/7/2019 at 11:36:17, 54 views. In reply to 'RE: Lewes FC: the football club who are making equality pay'

Even players on the same team rarely get paid the same so, how would the comparisons be made or would it be a case of one size (of pay packet) fits all?

beckywitch

• IP Address: 2a02:c7d:8673:d700:8

Equal budgets by snainton seadog User: snainton seadog

Posted: 21/7/2019 at 14:51:00, 51 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: Lewes FC: the football club who are making equality pay'

I guess would be the way to go. Lewes said attendances are about the same for both teams, in which case I don’t have an issue with it. I’d not want to see the men’s subsidise the women’s game, any more than I think we should get big handouts from Man City and the premier league.

-- UP THE BORO

• IP Address: 185.69.144.142

Newer Thread: Lastest: Boro 0-0 Buxton. Att 1,157 n/t

Older Thread: Boro v Grimsby programmes wanted

© Surfing Seadog. All Rights Reserved. Site design and development: Steve Smith

Views expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster, and not of the site administrators,scarborough athletic football club or the seadog trust unless otherwise stated.