Newest Message: RE: PREDICTION LEAGUE: Mickleover Sports (H) Sat 14th Dec by Athletico seadog on 11/12/2019, 20:10:07 - View Thread

Thread: 92933

precis by Cynic

Posted: 30/11/2019 at 18:29:32, 199 views.

Could and should have been at least 3 up at half-time. Hanging on at the end. How we had 3(?) players booked to their 1(?) will remain one of the great sporting mysteries of all time. The ref basically was inept and seemed to be oblivious to the foul committed by Whitby’s no 9 every other minute (on countback alone he should have had about 9 red cards). Question marks re booking as couldn’t always see bottom r/h near Whitby fans. Good all round committed performance with perhaps Thompson stand out performer but other contenders (Dawson?) also.

• IP Address: 79.73.62.183

RE: precis by North Side Seadog User: North Side Seadog

Posted: 30/11/2019 at 19:44:22, 147 views. In reply to 'precis'

The referee was very odd, the uncontested drop ball at which he allowed them to whip a ball into the box was ridiculous! As well as giving offside from a goal kick! In terms of Boro’s performance, it was very good to say there will have been one training session with a new manager playing a new formation, which worked very well in my opinion. Thomson is a great player at this level, hopefully we can keep him long term. I know he has had stick on here in the past, but Johnson played well. Won every header, and was probably the most comfortable on the ball in the back 3. Fishley also had a good game at RWB, played an unbelievable cross field ball in the 2nd half! Coulo and Wally also had a bit more of a spring in their step, I think the manager will be the type to squeeze an extra 10% out of everybody. As I previously said, think several of the current squad will be moved on in the coming weeks with hopefully a few coming in. Coates should be like a new signing when he comes back, need a left footed option at LWB and a defensively minded CM who can get about the pitch to allow Dawson, Coulson, Walshaw and Thomson to go forward and create chances. Loved the passion from Kelly at full time, and he comes across really well when interviewed. Exciting times! UTB

• IP Address: 2a02:c7f:6e46:1700:2

RE: RE: precis by Geoff hooley

Posted: 30/11/2019 at 19:58:03, 156 views. In reply to 'RE: precis'

Good performance , I hope Kelly as spotted where we are weakest, because Whitby did ,they had 3 or 4 good crosses from the right wing and should have scored a couple of goals they run our fullback ragged at times.(think someone gave him mom )must have been a Whitby fan 😆

• IP Address: 86.151.162.252

RE: RE: RE: precis by Kms User: Kms

Posted: 30/11/2019 at 20:15:17, 144 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: precis'

Geoff Think that’s a little unfair criticising Kian at leftback today. Naturally a centre midfielder who has been asked to play rightback recently and today put a real shift in to help the team having never played that position!!
Agree a left sided player badly needed to add balance. Wally only led footed player in squad!!!

Ds

• IP Address: 2a02:c7f:9261:7800:7

RE: RE: RE: RE: precis by North Side Seadog User: North Side Seadog

Posted: 30/11/2019 at 20:25:57, 135 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: RE: precis'

Agreed. Gave 100% playing at LWB. Was up against a good player in their RB, who played well against us for Guisborough last year. Think Spence really has something about him for a kid so young. Left the academy of a big club of his own accord to play regularly. Only danger is that he hasn’t really found his position yet, and as we are seeing at the moment is more of a utility player. However, given time will become a very good player at our standard, if not higher.

• IP Address: 2a02:c7f:6e46:1700:2

RE: RE: RE: RE: precis by Geoff hooley

Posted: 30/11/2019 at 20:29:29, 152 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: RE: precis'

I think he’s played a few games in that position ,and I hope Kelly can use him in a position he would be happier in.round pegs in square holes never work, that’s why we have Tommy with a bad back ,picking the ball out of the back of the net

• IP Address: 86.151.162.252

RE: RE: RE: precis by Burniston User: Burniston

Posted: 30/11/2019 at 22:30:58, 158 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: precis'

Interesting how we see things differently. I thought Kian was one of our better players and certainly for effort. He just has a habit of trying to beat too many players sometimes but I am very impressed with him and his future. I wouldn’t say anybody had a bad day although there were one or two a bit below their usual good standard. Overall a good performance, well deserved of the win and only the 4th time Whitby have been beaten this year - they are a decent side.

Can anybody explain to me why Wally got a yellow card at the end - from where we were, it looked like he was the one who got fouled. Ref let them get away with some bad stuff early on & was in danger of losing control at one stage. Their No9 was a pain in the arse with some dangerous lunging tackles & falling over when hardly touched and then he was chipping away at the ref as though he was being hard done by. It was way ironic that the 1st yellow card went to us and yes that drop ball was something else I’ve never seen before as it was the same as giving a free kick to Whitby in a dangerous area instead of letting one team kick the ball back into a neutral area. Bad ref’ing & bad sportsmanship from Whitby. Pleased for DK on his debut and well done the seadog fans for that great support.

PMA

• IP Address: 95.144.21.16

RE: RE: RE: RE: precis by Old Seadog User: Old Seadog

Posted: 1/12/2019 at 06:58:28, 165 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: RE: precis'

Wally got the yellow card for an absolutely blatant dive
It was straight out of Swan Lake 😂

• IP Address: 79.69.129.35

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: precis by cynic

Posted: 1/12/2019 at 09:26:25, 133 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: RE: RE: precis'

From my angle (from behind) there was a foul which he made the most of and then play acted being injured but I wouldn’t have described it as a blatant dive. Hopefully video will allow definitive answer.

• IP Address: 79.73.62.183

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: precis by Seadog93

Posted: 1/12/2019 at 10:49:50, 107 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: precis'

Thought t’nique showed great endeavour at RWB, and tommyTaylor 2 saves before we scored we’re sublime, thought the team played excellent and we’re direct with their running. Nice to see the crowd vocal and getting behind the players to create a good atmosphere, just a shame the PA announcer sounds like he doesn’t want to be here! Any reason why there is no pre match music or when players are entering the pitch don’t think I heard any.

• IP Address: 87.112.203.242

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: precis by cynic

Posted: 1/12/2019 at 12:13:08, 118 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: precis'

Obviously delighted with result (but that rather important thing apart) performance was very similar to Lancaster game (should have been 3 or 4 up at half-time pushed back more in 2nd). Perhaps we passed ball more quickly in 2nd half (esp for goal) but that was in part because there was more space due to Whitby having to chase game whilst Lancaster didn’t. Significant difference was probably good saves from Tommy as opposed to a bit of a howler. Not saying it wasn’t a good performance, it was, but so was Lancaster one. Bigger test for Darren and new manager bounce will be away performances based on what’s happened on pitch this year, because we still look possibly short of confidence when things get tough. Possibly Dawson going off made a difference (negatively) as well.

• IP Address: 80.41.68.103

RE: RE: RE: RE: precis by Seamer unregistered

Posted: 1/12/2019 at 10:54:24, 138 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: RE: precis'

I think Whitby must have been every bit as surprised as we did at Boro’s performance yesterday. It was great to watch and let’s hope there is more to come over the rest of the season. Well done Boro great to see.

• IP Address: 86.173.111.210

Newer Thread: AFC Wimbledon fans oppose private investors in Stadium

Older Thread: Golden gamble

© Surfing Seadog. All Rights Reserved. Site design and development: Steve Smith

Views expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster, and not of the site administrators,scarborough athletic football club or the seadog trust unless otherwise stated.