Newest Message: Good shift by the lads by seadog365 on 26/9/2020, 20:43:46 - View Thread

Thread: 93134

Money loss by Boro345

Posted: 17/3/2020 at 12:08:38, 396 views.

Obviously the club is going to miss out on income and with players on contracts to pay this may put us in a awkward position, just seen Hyde United had set up an online shop so fans could still pay for things they get on match days such as virtual match tickets and virtual golden gamble. Maybe an idea the club can issue if fans were willing to donate?

• IP Address: 2a02:c7d:8666:ab00:8

RE: Money loss by kms User: kms

Posted: 17/3/2020 at 12:26:22, 365 views. In reply to 'Money loss'

Does anyone know how many players are under contract?

Ds

• IP Address: 2a02:c7f:9261:7800:2

RE: RE: Money loss by Armchairdog User: Armchairdog

Posted: 17/3/2020 at 14:23:16, 339 views. In reply to 'RE: Money loss'

My guess would be just Coulo and Wally. Could be one or two others too. I assume DK is on a contract.

The likes of South Shields and clubs in divisions above us who will have loads of players on contract and the ongoing costs of owning their own grounds are in a far worse position. It looks inevitable that many clubs will go to the wall. When the government bail-out money is announced Football clubs will be at the back of the queue.

It’s all incredibly bleak, e.g. if the current restrictions announced by the government yesterday have to be in place for 18 months (as many experts are predicting) then the 20/21 season is looking like a write-off too. When football does eventually recommence we could be looking at a major reorganisation of the leagues.

• IP Address: 2a02:c7f:3827:8300:3

RE: RE: RE: Money loss by seadog365 User: seadog365

Posted: 17/3/2020 at 14:25:15, 361 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: Money loss'

Pretty sure Tommy is on a contract.

• IP Address: 92.30.250.222

RE: RE: RE: RE: Money loss by Geoff hooley

Posted: 17/3/2020 at 17:36:31, 339 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: RE: Money loss'

And Ryan watson

• IP Address: 2a00:23c4:749f:3600:

RE: RE: RE: Money loss by Terry Hope

Posted: 17/3/2020 at 16:57:28, 327 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: Money loss'

If this goes on for 18 months restructuring of football won’t even be on the radar! But more immediate as fans and/or owners the idea put forward of ‘donating’ home entrance fees for the remaining 4 games is a good one. Perhaps generate £20k. One hopes that the council will also help with out ground rent holidays.

• IP Address: 178.78.99.91

RE:RE: Money loss by Burniston User: Burniston

Posted: 17/3/2020 at 18:04:05, 327 views. In reply to 'RE: Money loss'

I don’t think DK is on a contract, he is just on expenses. At least that is what I thought he said at the fans forum.
Pity we will miss the FC Utd gate which would have been our biggest of the season.

PMA

• IP Address: 95.144.22.146

re money by runningman

Posted: 17/3/2020 at 19:03:19, 347 views. In reply to 'RE:RE: Money loss'

What about selling advance season tickets for when the new season kicks off.I would buy mine now to generate some cashflow.

• IP Address: 86.158.240.113

Plans by Nick Finch

Posted: 17/3/2020 at 19:21:22, 416 views. In reply to 're money'

I am not getting into a discussion on here so please don’t bother asking questions. However, we have a board meeting Thursday evening to put a plan in place. You will see various financial things being put in place soon (including some or all of those mentioned above). We understand that everyone must prioritise but if you can help with any, some or all the schemes it would help massively.

Keep safe everyone and Up the Boro!

Nick Finch

• IP Address: 2a01:4c8:843:64cf:1:

RE: Plans by Terry Hope

Posted: 17/3/2020 at 21:57:28, 431 views. In reply to 'Plans'

Quite right Nick there is a right place to exchange sensitive information and this is not it but I am sure the Board will keep the supporters informed of how best they can help either through the media or direct contact.

• IP Address: 178.78.99.91

Re:Plans by BoroNo7 User: BoroNo7

Posted: 18/3/2020 at 09:03:05, 419 views. In reply to 'Plans'

Thanks for the update Nick and you are right in avoiding getting into a detailed discussion about the situation on here

However speaking for myself , and perhaps some others I’d make the following points :-

SAFC is a success story on and off the field and has a good reputation within the game.It is in everyone’s interest that SAFC survives the financial crisis brought about by the virus.

The scale of the crisis and the fragile finances of many clubs , even into the EFL means that a “shake out” of clubs is likely

The club has a number of stakeholders , fans, players,staff, Scarborough Council, sponsors all come quickly to mind and you may know of others.

All of us stakeholders need to be prepared to contribute financially at this time to ensure the survival of the club in whatever way we can. I and many like me I’m sure would be prepared to contribute to some form of “Justgiving” fund for example

Hopefully most of our costs are variable focussed on games being played,.

However for those personnel costs which are not variable, putting it bluntly, the fact that a large number of players and staff from other higher level clubs will probably soon be looking for a new employer ought to concentrate minds and as for stadium costs it’s hard to see an alternative use of the Flamstad which would generate similar income for the council

Finally good luck to you and your fellow directors in these difficult times

…and UTB

• IP Address: 88.106.238.44

Newer Thread: test

Older Thread: Tonigh’s game is OFF n/t

© Surfing Seadog. All Rights Reserved. Site design and development: Steve Smith

Views expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster, and not of the site administrators,scarborough athletic football club or the seadog trust unless otherwise stated.