Newest Message: Virtual Fans Forum- Full Details by SAFC Admin on 1/6/2020, 20:20:09 - View Thread

Thread: 93144

Will this season stand? by Burniston User: Burniston

Posted: 2/4/2020 at 16:14:01, 293 views.

I realise the FA have decided to expunge all results from this season although apparently 60 odd non league clubs have put in a protest about this.
In my day (and probably still today) in motor racing events, if a race had completed 75% when it was stopped then the result stood. In our league 14 clubs (the majority) completed 75% with 8 only just under.
Whatever happens there will be some winners and some losers but I would suggest more losers if there are no promotions, not only to the teams at the top who have lost a year of their progression but also for those teams just below who miss out on promotion who have to play those top teams once again next season. The teams at the bottom, I’m sorry to say, are there for a reason and will more than likely enjoy their football more at the level below.
As the playoffs will be out of the question I guess, I would propose promoting the top two on a points per game basis. At least we will have some movement to get teams to their potential level sooner rather than later.
Even with Morpeth’s game advantage, the current top 2 would still go up. ie. Sth Shields and FCUM.

Any thoughts?

Edited on 02/04/20 at 16:19:03
  • IP Address: 95.144.22.146

RE: Will this season stand? by Armchairdog User: Armchairdog

Posted: 2/4/2020 at 22:08:21, 279 views. In reply to 'Will this season stand?'

Your comparison to motorsport declaring a result is certainly true as far as British Superbike Championship goes (which I think is merely two-thirds distance).

It’s certainly hard to argue that Shields wouldn’t have been promoted had the season finished properly. They should be promoted under a points per game method. FCUM too. That would have been the fairest way.

Is it the fear of litigation that’s stopping the league declaring a result?

• IP Address: 2a02:c7f:3827:8300:6

RE: RE: Will this season stand? by Terry Hope

Posted: 3/4/2020 at 22:47:10, 273 views. In reply to 'RE: Will this season stand?'

Or is it just their grasp on what is important? Why do people not get this? Almost 4,000 have died and rising, the economy is on a knife edge; football is irrelevant. Promotion, relegation, it doesn’t matter. If the premier league was a going concern and not reliant on the support of one investor it would do the same.

• IP Address: 178.78.99.91

RE: RE: RE: Will this season stand? by MAlcD

Posted: 4/4/2020 at 20:25:12, 255 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: Will this season stand?'

When all the news is of crisis and strife is it so wrong to indulge in a few moments of escapism and enjoyment? Will it cause the situation to deteriorate? Or will it provide a brief interlude of escapism to momentarily lighten the gloom?

• IP Address: 92.15.63.217

RE: RE: RE: RE: Will this season stand? by Dunno

Posted: 6/4/2020 at 13:23:12, 250 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: RE: Will this season stand?'

i think it should be decided on Championship Manager. Ive re-run the season on one of the earlier noughties versions with the database editor. We currently play in a 200,000 capacity covered stadium and are just about to win the champions league. Ian Ironside is our top goal scorer and my extensive worldwide scouting network has resulted in £300m quid spent over the last couple of seasons. Stich a button on that.

• IP Address: 2a02:c7f:6e1c:c800:b

RE: RE: RE: Will this season stand? by Burniston User: Burniston

Posted: 7/4/2020 at 00:13:35, 261 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: RE: Will this season stand?'

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Doesn’t take anything away from those suffering.

PMA

• IP Address: 95.144.22.146

Newer Thread: Budgets

Older Thread: Next season

© Surfing Seadog. All Rights Reserved. Site design and development: Steve Smith

Views expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster, and not of the site administrators,scarborough athletic football club or the seadog trust unless otherwise stated.