Newest Message: re giving a manager time by Ian Thomas on 13/10/2021, 21:20:46 - View Thread

Thread: 93436

Match Postponed by Old Git

Posted: 24/11/2020 at 19:27:46, 213 views.

The NPL have confirmed that our game at Hyde United on December 5th has been postponed.

• IP Address: 162.158.93.225

RE: Match Postponed by Terry Hope

Posted: 24/11/2020 at 20:59:55, 202 views. In reply to 'Match Postponed'

So we know why is it postponed when there are other games on and Hyde now appear to have an alternative home game?

• IP Address: 162.158.89.25

RE: RE: Match Postponed by Barnstoneworth United unreg.

Posted: 25/11/2020 at 09:33:34, 186 views. In reply to 'RE: Match Postponed'

..more importantly, why are clubs confirming fixtures before this Thursday’s govt. announcement about post-lockdown tier arrangements?

Any club in a tier 3 area will be playing in an empty stadium. That may well include Hyde (and us for that matter).

Add to that, there’ll only be one training session before matchday on 5th December - after a month off.

It’s completely Barmy. The league officials and some clubs really do need their heads checking.

I think it’s entirely appropriate that we aren’t playing until we know what the tier status is for both home and away fixtures.

• IP Address: 162.158.93.189

Superb by Nick Finch

Posted: 25/11/2020 at 10:49:09, 181 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: Match Postponed'

Hit the nail bang on the head. Utter stupidity from the league. Just wait until Thursday at least.

I wonder myself if clubs are being forced to accept loans from this new proposed bailout. If a club plays behind close door and is forced to get a loan how do they generate money to pay to pay the loan off? I just hope that is not the case.

The fact there has been no competitive football (and one training session) should also be a huge concern as you suggest.

The board must be pulling their hair out dealing with this situation!

Nick Finch

• IP Address: 162.158.94.106

RE: Superb by Terry Hope

Posted: 25/11/2020 at 14:49:13, 183 views. In reply to 'Superb'

Nigel Huddleston MP on the £300m [sports] funding:
“The majority of this funding will be given through low interest loans, with flexible repayment terms. Grants where organisations are unable to repay loans."
However if the offering is a loan, however flexible, I hope the Board revert to the fan base before going down this route.
To be fair the “no fans in T3′ rule, at this stage, only applies to elite sport but it may well be that the funding package is with this in mind.

• IP Address: 162.158.94.184

Yep… by Nick Finch

Posted: 25/11/2020 at 15:01:54, 163 views. In reply to 'RE: Superb'

So basically play behind close doors, generate a fraction of what is required to run the club through virtual sales, pay for the lose with a loan………and push the problem down the road for another day.

• IP Address: 162.158.91.115

RE: Yep… by Terry Hope

Posted: 25/11/2020 at 15:49:45, 165 views. In reply to 'Yep…'

Hence revert to fan base. Thought you didn’t post on here 🤔..but now released!

• IP Address: 162.158.94.184

Ish… by N S Finch

Posted: 25/11/2020 at 16:05:46, 164 views. In reply to 'RE: Yep…'

To be honest its turned onto the most sensible spot!

In totally agree regarding asking the fan base. Last thing any club should be getting is into debt. The league said no fans, no games. They need to stick by that.

My issue is that this is not necessary. If clubs have been so foolish to hand out mad contracts and keep paying players during lockdown especially lockdown 2 then it should not be for the rest of the clubs to get them out of the situation they find themselves.

That’s my thoughts….now I free.

I should like to put on record though that our board are doing an incredible job under these times. The work they must be doing will be considerable. The league putting out these “possible fixtures" are creating yet more work (and risk financially) to clubs.

They need to wait and see what tiers we lie within.

Nick

• IP Address: 162.158.94.124

RE: RE: Superb by Barnstoneworth United unreg.

Posted: 25/11/2020 at 16:02:18, 188 views. In reply to 'RE: Superb'

“To be fair the “no fans in T3′ rule, at this stage, only applies to elite sport"…

No it doesn’t.

The guidance states that in T3 there should be no public attendance at spectator sport… elite sports events may continue to take place without spectators. T3 for us = no fans = no match day income.

The club’s constitution permits the board to borrow if necessary (or issue shares, etc.). Should they need take up a government-backed loan to ensure the sustainability of the club, go for it. It certainly doesn’t need a vote.

• IP Address: 162.158.93.189

RE: RE: RE: Superb by Terry Hope

Posted: 25/11/2020 at 19:41:08, 190 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: Superb'

Point is loans have to be paid back and even if terms are flexible it causes cash flow issues later on. Grants or share issues don’t. My point was simply that this is a fan owned club and like most ‘owned’ things sustainability usually requires ongoing investment and in my opinion this would be the first port of call.

• IP Address: 162.158.92.250

Newer Thread: Giving a manager time…

Older Thread: Boro Veteran Sandy GlossopTakes On Santa Dash

© Surfing Seadog. All Rights Reserved. Site design and development: Steve Smith

Views expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster, and not of the site administrators,scarborough athletic football club or the seadog trust unless otherwise stated.