Newest Message: About 250 at Whitby v Spennymoor last night. A few from by Seamer unregistered on 28/7/2021, 12:39:05 - View Thread

Thread: 93520

Jono Greening take over reins at Boro by Old Git

Posted: 21/5/2021 at 13:30:36, 343 views.

http://www.scarboroughathletic.com/news/2021-05-21/jono-greening-take-over-reins-at-boro

• IP Address: 162.158.88.234

RE: Jono Greening take over reins at Boro by Derek Abbeys Tache

Posted: 22/5/2021 at 20:38:37, 265 views. In reply to 'Jono Greening take over reins at Boro '

Glad to see we’ve moved away from managers who have got experience of managing at this level.

Good that Greening has got experience of managing Tadcaster U21s Crimson team - that’ll stand us in great stead when we’re 5 down at home to South Shields.

I’m assuming Trevor Dull hasn’t appointed him as a vanity project

• IP Address: 162.158.92.184

Hahaha by Nick Finch

Posted: 22/5/2021 at 22:12:14, 205 views. In reply to 'RE: Jono Greening take over reins at Boro '

If you used your real name you could even stand for election and volunteer your time for running our football club.

• IP Address: 162.158.88.166

Totally agree by Uptheboro

Posted: 23/5/2021 at 09:13:22, 229 views. In reply to 'RE: Jono Greening take over reins at Boro '

Well said totally agree awful appointment wanted someone who knew what they were doing last Tuesday the board and everyone were left devasted that the talking machine Darren Kelly had gone then by Friday they had interviewed all of the other managers who applied what a load of rubbish you can’t set something up like this in 2 or 3 days as for Trevor dull lol he appointed John deacey who was shocking I think its time they step a side too what has scarboroigh athletic done same as the old scarborough fc nothing all they say is were this massive club who gets crowds of 1000 a week so what if we never do anything all our star players left last season then hero Darren who won 14 games out of 29 wow he was the saviour but when you look really what has he done nothing we were ' desperate for a striker last season and a goalkeeper why does everything have too stay local Steve Roberts never got a chance after kittrick the chairman and board have no football experience what so ever what was the point of building the new stand it took most of the atmosphere away from behind the goal they would of been better stengthing the squad we should be walking through these leagues not letting our best players leave for Buxton

• IP Address: 162.158.89.69

RE: Totally agree by Terry Hope

Posted: 23/5/2021 at 10:23:26, 207 views. In reply to 'Totally agree'

If you give me your bank details I’ll drop you a few quid to purchase some punctuation. Will still read the same shite though.

• IP Address: 162.158.90.126

Could not have put it better n/t by Nick Finch

Posted: 23/5/2021 at 10:30:11, 187 views. In reply to 'RE: Totally agree'

• IP Address: 162.158.91.95

RE: RE: Totally agree by Uptheboro

Posted: 23/5/2021 at 10:46:17, 206 views. In reply to 'RE: Totally agree'

Keep your money ' Terry and put it towards paint the town red bullshit and let’s see where we are this time time next year with the same old excuses 😉 😀 😄

• IP Address: 162.158.89.205

Keep hiding fella……….n/t by Nick Finch

Posted: 23/5/2021 at 11:03:41, 178 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: Totally agree'

• IP Address: 162.158.88.166

RE: Keep hiding fella……….n/t by Uptheboro

Posted: 23/5/2021 at 12:48:55, 166 views. In reply to 'Keep hiding fella……….n/t'

Keep lying fella

• IP Address: 162.158.89.37

Bitter by Nick Finch

Posted: 23/5/2021 at 13:01:55, 155 views. In reply to 'RE: Keep hiding fella……….n/t'

Is someone a little bitter?

• IP Address: 162.158.88.124

RE: Bitter by Uptheboro

Posted: 23/5/2021 at 13:49:06, 169 views. In reply to 'Bitter'

Why would I be feeling bitter im just expressing my opinion if we all don’t follow your opinion were classed as bitter anyway why wasn’t Jono giving the job when he applied the past 2 or 3 times I remember when the laughable John deacey was giving the job he was the right man for the job we were all told look what happened there we need a manager with proven experience in this league for his connection with players etc I wish jono greening well and hope he does do something but I can’t see it myself whats the point of having the best stadium in our league and leagues above when the team isn’t upto it on the pitch if we had a winning team the fans would be there week in week out we could easy get another 500 to a 1000 a week if we were top of the league look at South sheilds properly run club and there going places while we stand still manager after manager im not bitter at all just disillusioned with 40 years of bull following scarborough

• IP Address: 162.158.90.126

Opinion by Nick Finch

Posted: 23/5/2021 at 14:11:38, 185 views. In reply to 'RE: Bitter'

Be open with who you are and then I would happily accept your opinion. At the moment its worthless.
My issue and only real issue is you seem to have all the answers but I cannot see you doing anything. Stand for election and make the changes you feel are required. That’s all from me. I am going back into retirement.
Get off social media and do something about it.

• IP Address: 162.158.92.184

RE: Opinion by Uptheboro

Posted: 23/5/2021 at 14:46:18, 216 views. In reply to 'Opinion'

Thankyou nick finch for your comment im not after a argument or anything you have done well getting them back too where they are now but none of this should ever of been allowed in the first place I’ve been too Barnet I’ve been to crewe I’ve been to torquay United I’ve been too Portsmouth Oldham Southampton Southend in all those years we only had 2 really good managers in Neil warnock and stevie wicks those were the exciting times the rest have been crap really we need a team too be proud of again the first season we came home from brid was amazing the whole town were behind the club again the crowds were up everything was positive again seeing people wearing boro shirts etc and it seems too have stalled again since then I know this pandemic hasn’t helped but seeing poor Nathan cartman struggling up front on his own while James walshaw left was shocking we have the opportunity too get going again this season and make the whole town proud again and I don’t think this was the best appointment we could have made I really hope jono does well but I can’t see it myself we need the managers from Leeds way and up north too bring the players in we need im sorry if I have upset anyone but all we want is a team to be proud of again !!!!!

• IP Address: 162.158.91.5

RE: RE: Opinion by Terry Hope

Posted: 23/5/2021 at 15:28:40, 198 views. In reply to 'RE: Opinion'

Interesting reading but I’m completely out of breath. Here are a few for starters. Please use wisely - .,.,.,.,;,,,..
On a serious note South Shields are a very well run club but the initial and I suspect continued impetus is from the chairman’s wealth, without which they wouldn’t be where they are now. Ambition is worthy but it has to be aligned with financial standing.
Also I feel we’ve had more than 2 good managers in your time frame! Colin Addison (almost kept us up from an unlikely position) Russell Slade (financial constraints), Brian France and Steve Kittrick.
Let’s all wish Jono well and get behind a group of volunteers whose efforts allow us to watch football in Scarborough.

• IP Address: 162.158.89.69

RE: RE: RE: Opinion by joshlawrance User: joshlawrance

Posted: 25/5/2021 at 18:00:36, 192 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: Opinion'

Wants a team to be proud of. Says for most it we’ve been shite apart from 2 managers.

I honestly don’t know what you expect and you don’t either. Rantings of a mad man.

• IP Address: 162.158.92.74

RE: RE: RE: RE: Opinion by Dan

Posted: 25/5/2021 at 19:59:58, 160 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: RE: Opinion'

Very weird how this lad seems to criticise TB for appointing an inexperienced manager whilst also slagging off the appointments of Deacey and Kelly, both experienced at this level. I too am underwhelmed by this appointment but JG has played at the highest level, got the highest coaching qualification, has an affinity with the club and has coached at Nottingham Forest, he deserves better than having dickheads online slating him before he’s even begun.

Will also state here that the weird notion that “being a good manager at this level is entirely dependent on having good contacts" is froth and needs putting to bed, Brian France, Rudy Funk and even Steve Kittrick did good jobs for us and there was far more to their work than simply having a list of phone numbers.

• IP Address: 162.158.93.57

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Opinion by dogtanian User: dogtanian

Posted: 28/5/2021 at 17:49:16, 121 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: RE: RE: Opinion'

One of my favourite parts of this guy’s incoherent ignorant drivel is the bit where he says we shouldn’t have built the new stand as it spoilt the atmosphere in the stand behind the goal (you know, the one that has 4 shallow steps that everyone was crushed in and didn’t provide any cover for all the people standing in front of it) and should have blown the money on the squad instead. Seemingly completely ignorant to the fact that the vast majority of the money for it was from grants and money from the council from ground sponsorship which had been ring-fenced for ground improvements only. Not forgetting the fact that we wouldn’t be able to play in the higher levels for very long with the ground as it was, so what would have been the point of spending the money on a team with the aim of playing at higher levels that the ground wasn’t fit for. Who exactly would have paid for the ground improvements then? Idiot :)

• IP Address: 162.158.92.74

In the words of the boy from the milk advert by seadog365 User: seadog365

Posted: 30/5/2021 at 15:31:28, 106 views. In reply to 'RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Opinion'

Exaccctly

• IP Address: 162.158.89.205

Can I just say by seadog365 User: seadog365

Posted: 26/5/2021 at 23:33:12, 130 views. In reply to 'Jono Greening take over reins at Boro '

I think it’s an excellent appointment.

• IP Address: 162.158.93.57

RE: Can I just say by joshlawrance User: joshlawrance

Posted: 27/5/2021 at 12:27:31, 117 views. In reply to 'Can I just say'

if you like. go for it

• IP Address: 162.158.91.5

Newer Thread: Heading restrictions agreed in English footy at all levels

Older Thread: Departing Boro boss Darren Kelly praises fans,board

© Surfing Seadog. All Rights Reserved. Site design and development: Steve Smith

Views expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster, and not of the site administrators,scarborough athletic football club or the seadog trust unless otherwise stated.